How can we help you today?
VistaDB 5.0.4 Now Available
We've now shipped version 5.0.4 of VistaDB. This is a rollup of defect fixes that we didn't want to hold any longer while VistaDB 5.1 is still being developed. We'd recommend upgrading to this version before reporting an issue to see if it's been resolved. The release notes are short, here's what we've fixed:
- SQL Query Fix: Quoted table name or alias with a wildcard (such as [Table Name].* fails to parse correctly.
- SQL Query Fix: IN operator against a sub-query can result in a NullReferenceException.
- SQL Query Fix: REPLACE function returns NULL instead of original string when first string argument is shorter than second string.
- SQL Query Fix: REPLACE function raises error instead of returning original string if second argument is empty.
- SQL Query Fix: Cache optimized JOINs can produce incorrect results when OR is used in WHERE or ON clauses to combine conditions referencing different tables.
- Transaction Fix: Disposing an ADO.NET transaction object can throw an exception complaining that the connection must be open.
- Entity Framework Provider Fix: Adding new rows fails on tables with Identity keys under EF 6 in some cases.
- Fixed: Under Mono it's possible to get a FileNotFoundException from VistaDB.Engine.Core.Indexing.SortSpool.EstimateMemory() when building an index.
- Fixed: IndexOutOfRangeException from ActiveRows.NextValidRowId in rare cases.
You can download the latest release here.